Director of Operations
MMB Networks is a 6-year old hardware and software development company that is positioned for dramatic growth over the next few years. Its business is focused on the bleeding-edge development of wireless and embedded Smart Energy and Home Automation technologies through a unique suite of products, as well as a development platform to create new products.
MMB Networks has shown steady growth over the past few years, and recently raised an additional round of financing to support its ambitious expansion plans. The company currently employs 25 people in its Yorkville office, in downtown Toronto. With clients ranging from small tech companies to global brand-name manufacturers, MMB Networks offers its employees an uncommon breadth of exposure and experience, as well as a close-knit and dynamic work environment.
As Director of Operations you will have responsibility for all aspects of the company’s supplier relations, product manufacturing and product supply. This includes:
- All supply chain relationships and agreements
- Component and end-product deliveries and commitments including categorizing and traceability of the products and components
- Providing costing and margin info to the sales force and executives
- Inventory management
- Product manufacturing responsibility including testing, OEM relationships, vendor relationships, regulatory requirements etc.
- Ownership of decisions on build vs. buy for various components
- Previous experience managing software and hardware vendor relationships
- Experience working under pressure and keen multi-tasking problem-solving ability
- A strong communicator with technical and non-technical personnel
- Hands-on leadership skills
- Experience with Supply Chain Management
- Experience with Product Management
- Experience with Hardware Production (including CMs and PCB shops) and managing the resolution of issues related to electronics production
- Experience sourcing and spe’cing parts from manufacturers and distributors
- Experience ensuring compliance with RoHS, REACH, WEEE and related standards
- Experience with certification of products from both a regulatory and safety perspective
- Experience with Hardware Qualification including HALT/ALT, test fixture design, flash and test
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience designing electronic hardware / Electrical Engineering
- Relationships with CMs, and component manufacturers, manufacturers reps and distributors
- Mandarin or Cantonese language skills
Please understand that only those deemed appropriate for the role will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.