About Our Company
Named on Deloitte's 2018 and 2020 Technology Fast 50 | 500 lists, MMB Networks is a rapidly growing company located in downtown Toronto, and a leader in Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
MMB enables the world’s biggest brands to create amazing customer experiences by helping them build and bring wireless products to market. Our expertise in Wi-SUN, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and other wireless technologies is fostering a new generation of connected products.
From strategy and product positioning all the way through to manufacturing and support, we help our customers build mission critical connected products from smart grid meters and door locks, to residential solar energy systems, and even intelligent hydration trackers for professional athletes.
With clients ranging from innovative startups to global household brands, strong strategic partnerships with key industry players, and leadership in international standards bodies – we offer our employees an uncommon breadth of exposure, experience, and leadership as well as a close knit, dynamic, and fun work environment.
The Systems Architect reports to the CTO and works in our Architecture, Standards & Research group. They take an active role in establishing the company’s technology roadmap by developing new product concepts and IP. Working with the Engineering Manager and PMO, the Systems Architect assists in new customer engagements, as well as planning and execution of important customer projects. The Systems Architect may lead a development team on the initial design, planning and development of a project, and work directly with customers to define requirements and assist in technical discussions.
The Systems Architect also works with the EVP Engineering and Engineering Manager to lead the training and mentorship of the wider Engineering team. They develop training programs on critical domain technologies, and help define and implement best practices geared towards engineering excellence and the personal development of their peers.
Benefits to the Candidate (You)
- You’ll help influence the next generation of IoT products leveraging industry leading technology.
- You will work alongside and learn from leading experts in the connected product networking field.
- You’ll gain significant exposure to the latest IoT products and applications that are being deployed across the world today.
- We value your innovative ideas and your energy. MMB provides an atmosphere that allows your creativity to become a reality - where engineers are encouraged to be thought leaders and supported in developing new and interesting ideas.
- We’re a young, tight-knit team that makes the most of our dynamic startup environment. You’ll have the opportunity to take part in group trips and events celebrating our many successes as we continue to learn and grow together.
- You’ll also enjoy great health and dental benefits, fun internal incentives, and team social events.
- Temporary measures in response to COVID-19 are in place for this role. For the foreseeable future this role will be primarily remote with intermittent requirements to perform some work in our labs under strict conditions and protocols designed to keep you safe. Plus, our offices are steps from Union Station - providing you with an easy commute and plenty of lunch options for those times when you are in the lab.
What You’ll be Doing
- Designing, developing, and supporting existing and new products.
- Understanding product vision and business needs to define product requirements and architecture.
- Developing design principles to improve performance, capacity, and scalability of product.
- Working with Executive Management and Engineering in delivery of new product releases.
- Consulting Sales team to clarify objectives and functional requirements for new products.
- Implementing solutions demonstrations for key customers and strategic partners.
- Defining product validation policies to deliver products that meet system and project expectations.
- Facilitating the creation, review, and sign off of project deliverables.
- Providing support for escalations and problem resolution for key customers.
- Assisting the Engineering team with issues needing technical expertise or deep systems knowledge.
- Developing broad knowledge about current and future product features.
- Defining product requirements that address market opportunities.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of the standards and latest IoT device industry trends, including participating in standards body working groups.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- Experience in systems-level engineering, architecture and design.
- Experience leading engineering teams to deliver enterprise solutions.
- Experience working with customers to gather requirements and develop product requirements.
- Experience with embedded systems, programming languages, and software development cycles.
- Experience bringing an embedded system from concept to market.
- Experience with cloud computing systems architecture and design.
- Experience with electronic product development and working understanding of Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with HW Test and Validation (including EVT, DVT and PVT).
- Experience with Quality Assurance methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with test automation, unit testing, and test driven development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- (Asset) Working knowledge of IP networking principles and concepts.
- (Asset) Working knowledge of systems security and cryptography.
- (Asset) RF experience (WiFi, Zigbee, BLE, etc.).
How to Apply
You can easily apply by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title you’re applying for in your subject line.