About Our Company
Named on Deloitte's 2018 and 2020 Technology Fast 50 | 500 lists, MMB Networks is a rapidly growing company located in downtown Toronto, and a leader in Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
MMB enables the world’s biggest brands to create amazing customer experiences by helping them build and bring wireless products to market. Our expertise in Wi-SUN, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and other wireless technologies is fostering a new generation of connected products.
From strategy and product positioning all the way through to manufacturing and support, we help our customers build mission critical connected products from smart grid meters and door locks, to residential solar energy systems, and even intelligent hydration trackers for professional athletes.
With clients ranging from innovative startups to global household brands, strong strategic partnerships with key industry players, and leadership in international standards bodies – we offer our employees an uncommon breadth of exposure, experience, and leadership as well as a close knit, dynamic, and fun work environment.
The Customer Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of custom IoT products and solutions to MMB’s OEM partners. You’ll work closely with senior management, individual technical program managers, and team leads to ensure top-line business goals are met and cross-functional customer projects are executed efficiently and on schedule. Project verticals include smart city applications, connected medical devices, and commercial / industrial control systems. In this role you’ll interact with customers to manage requirements, develop proposals, provide status updates, general support, and technical support triage.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have considerable experience in technical program and project management - preferably for delivery of mission-critical solutions for large OEM customers. Plus, a strong background in product management and ownership is considered a significant asset.
Benefits to the Candidate (You)
- You’ll help influence the next generation of IoT products using industry leading technology.
- You’ll work alongside and learn from leading experts in the connected product networking field.
- You’ll gain significant exposure to the latest IoT products and applications that are being deployed across the world today.
- We value your innovative ideas and your energy. MMB provides an atmosphere that allows your creativity to become a reality - where engineers are encouraged to be thought leaders and supported in developing new and interesting ideas.
- We’re a young, tight-knit team that makes the most of our dynamic startup environment. You’ll have the opportunity to take part in group trips and events celebrating our many successes as we continue to learn and grow together.
- You’ll also enjoy great health and dental benefits, fun internal incentives, and team social events.
- Temporary measures in response to COVID-19 are in place for this role. For the foreseeable future this role will be primarily remote with intermittent requirements to perform some work in our labs under strict conditions and protocols designed to keep you safe. Plus, our offices are steps from Union Station - providing you with an easy commute and plenty of lunch options for those times when you are in the lab.
What You’ll be Doing
- Coordinate with customers to develop project plans, including project scope, release schedule, milestones, and deliverables.
- Manage effective project implementation and delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage project activities to meet business goals.
- Track project execution to ensure that customer requirements and delivery schedules are met.
- Identify and manage resource requirements, required skill sets, training plans, quality reviews, documentations, and weekly meetings required for project execution.
- Develop project management process improvements to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Improve customer relationships by providing timely and accurate responses to their inquiries.
- Validate project plans and schedules to incorporate any changes requested by customers.
- Coordinate calls, meetings, and communications between customers and project teams throughout the project implementation phase.
- Inform project status, schedule, and key issues to customers and management on a regular basis.
- Negotiate on project activities with customers when required.
- Maintain and update a database of project related documents.
- Inform Executive Management team on customer needs, expectations, and business opportunities.
- Manage customer billings and other business interactions.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- Significant background and experience in technical project management.
- Interest in the IoT space and wireless communication.
- Experience in risk management and / or change management.
- Experience in customer interactions and customer account management.
- Proficiency in project management software tools (MS Project, Atlassian Jira).
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- (Asset) PMP / PMI / PMI-ACP / PRINCE2 certification, or equivalent.
- (Asset) Experience in product management and ownership.
- (Asset) Fluency in Mandarin.
How to Apply
You can easily apply by emailing us at: email@example.com. Please include the job title you’re applying for in your subject line.