About Our Company
Named on Deloitte's 2018 and 2020 Technology Fast 50 | 500 lists, MMB Networks is a rapidly growing company located in downtown Toronto, and a leader in Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
MMB enables the world’s biggest brands to create amazing customer experiences by helping them build and bring wireless products to market. Our expertise in Wi-SUN, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and other wireless technologies is fostering a new generation of connected products.
From strategy and product positioning all the way through to manufacturing and support, we help our customers build mission critical connected products from smart grid meters and door locks, to residential solar energy systems, and even intelligent hydration trackers for professional athletes.
With clients ranging from innovative startups to global household brands, strong strategic partnerships with key industry players, and leadership in international standards bodies – we offer our employees an uncommon breadth of exposure, experience, and leadership as well as a close knit, dynamic, and fun work environment.
MMB is at the leading edge of IoT applications development, having worked with our partners to bring countless IoT devices to market for integration with popular IoT ecosystems. We’re looking to expand our world-class embedded development team with experienced firmware developers, specifically with a strong background and specialization in Bluetooth and BLE applications development.
The successful candidate will have experience with Bluetooth and BLE RF technology. This includes development on market-leading SoC’s, Bluetooth mesh networking, profiles and models, as well as applications development with standard and custom BLE GATT profiles.
Candidates are encouraged to present a portfolio of their Bluetooth development experience. It should have a focus on the Bluetooth and 802.15.4 SoC’s you’ve developed on as well as the connected device classes (lights, sensors, thermostats, door locks) that you’ve had direct experience working with.
Benefits to the Candidate (You)
- You’ll help influence the next generation of IoT products using industry leading technology.
- You’ll work alongside and learn from leading experts in the connected product networking field.
- You’ll gain significant exposure to the latest IoT products and applications that are being deployed across the world today.
- We value your innovative ideas and your energy. MMB provides an atmosphere that allows your creativity to become a reality - where engineers are encouraged to be thought leaders and supported in developing new and interesting ideas.
- We’re a young, tight-knit team that makes the most of our dynamic startup environment. You’ll have the opportunity to take part in group trips and events celebrating our many successes as we continue to learn and grow together.
- You’ll also enjoy great health and dental benefits, fun internal incentives, and team social events.
- Temporary measures in response to COVID-19 are in place for this role. For the foreseeable future this role will be primarily remote with intermittent requirements to perform some work in our labs under strict conditions and protocols designed to keep you safe. Plus, our offices are steps from Union Station - providing you with an easy commute and plenty of lunch options for those times when you are in the lab.
What You’ll be Doing
- Work with our experienced IoT applications development team to scope, design, and build the next generation of Bluetooth, Bluetooth Mesh and BLE devices and platforms.
- Contribute to the specification and development of Bluetooth wireless communications standards.
- Consult with team leads to provide timely feedback and support for our customers.
- Join in the ongoing development and expansion of MMB’s proprietary RapidConnect technology.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- High proficiency in embedded firmware development on RTOS with C / C++.
- Significant experience developing on market-leading Bluetooth and 802.15.1 SoC’s (Espressif, Silicon Labs, NXP, TI, Nordic, CSR / Qualcomm, etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Extensive experience with Bluetooth applications development on embedded targets.
- Deep interest in the IoT space and wireless communication.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with:
- Standard BLE GATT profiles, and custom GATT characteristics.
- Bluetooth Software debugging using Bluetooth sniffer tools, and protocol analyzers.
- Serial interfaces (UART, SPI, RS485, I2C, etc.).
- Agile development (Scrum / Kanban), continuous integration, and dev ops.
- Atlassian Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, and Confluence.
- TDD, Unit-Testing and Integration Testing in embedded applications.
- Gathering requirements and writing design specifications.
- (Asset) Background and experience in Zigbee applications development, Thread / low-power IP networking.
How to Apply
You can easily apply by emailing us at: email@example.com. Please include the job title you’re applying for in your subject line.