About Our Company
Named on Deloitte's 2018 and 2020 Technology Fast 50 | 500 lists, MMB Networks is a rapidly growing company located in downtown Toronto, and a leader in Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
MMB enables the world’s biggest brands to create amazing customer experiences by helping them build and bring wireless products to market. Our expertise in Wi-SUN, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and other wireless technologies is fostering a new generation of connected products.
From strategy and product positioning all the way through to manufacturing and support, we help our customers build mission critical connected products from smart grid meters and door locks, to residential solar energy systems, and even intelligent hydration trackers for professional athletes.
With clients ranging from innovative startups to global household brands, strong strategic partnerships with key industry players, and leadership in international standards bodies – we offer our employees an uncommon breadth of exposure, experience, and leadership as well as a close knit, dynamic, and fun work environment.
As part of the MMB hardware team, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the design, debug, validation, and optimization of industry-leading IoT devices. You will be exposed to the complete hardware design lifecycle by working with products from conception to mass production. The role will require the candidate to work with a cross-functional team and collaborate with external partners and test houses to ensure devices are well-designed and compliant with requirements and standards. You are expected to be comfortable with the following duties:
- Schematic and layout reviews.
- Hardware design and validation (RF, Power, thermal etc..)
- Component qualification.
- Interfacing with software development team for hardware bring up.
- Develop test plans and test cases.
- Debug/ tune custom hardware.
- Prepare test reports and datasheets.
- Report weekly progress to the Hardware Program Manager.
Benefits to the Candidate (You)
- You’ll help influence the next generation of IoT products using industry leading technology.
- You’ll work alongside and learn from leading experts in the connected product networking field.
- You’ll gain significant exposure to the latest IoT products and applications that are being deployed across the world today.
- We value your innovative ideas and your energy. MMB provides an atmosphere that allows your creativity to become a reality - where engineers are encouraged to be thought leaders and supported in developing new and interesting ideas.
- We’re a young, tight-knit team that makes the most of our dynamic startup environment. You’ll have the opportunity to take part in group trips and events celebrating our many successes as we continue to learn and grow together.
- You’ll also enjoy great health and dental benefits, fun internal incentives, and team social events.
- Temporary measures in response to COVID-19 are in place for this role. For the foreseeable future this role will be primarily remote with intermittent requirements to perform some work in our labs under strict conditions and protocols designed to keep you safe. Plus, our offices are steps from Union Station - providing you with an easy commute and plenty of lunch options for those times when you are in the lab.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- Experience with schematic design and layout tools such as Eagle, OrCad or any other similar tools.
- Experience and familiarity with testing, evaluation and debugging RF, analog and mixed-signal IC designs in a lab environment. Should be proficient in the use of network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Strong knowledge of antenna design and tuning.
- Experience with I2C/SPI/UART busses and electrical signal characterization.
- Experience with soldering surface mount parts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with writing design specification and design validation reports.
- (Asset) Experience with Regulatory and Safety Certifications (FCC, IC, ETSI, UL, CSA).
- (Asset) Experience with product lifecycle management tools such as PLM360, Agile, Arena or similar.
- (Asset) Ability to understand software written in C programming languages.
- (Asset) Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
How to Apply
You can easily apply by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title you’re applying for in your subject line.